NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
In this fast pacing world of us Adults where everyone is rushing to go somewhere –homes, offices, supermarkets, vacations- wherever we are, we want to reach our destinations faster often forgetting the fact that “Safety never takes a holiday”. We ought to develop a habit of keeping our family safe during the journey, however small. Especially for young moms and dads we bring car safety chairs for your cherished little ones. There are 2 major competitors – Clek oobr and Britax Frontier, hitting the American markets currently and we plan to compare them to allow buyer’s comfort for an easy pick!
Clek Oobr is a well-known Canadian manufacturer, dominating the North American market in most impressive car booster seats. The 2015 edition offers 2 modes – a high back booster and a backless booster. The most highlighted plus points of the Oobr are :
1. Offers a rigid Latch attachment which is considered far safer in dangerous collisions than the flexible ones available in the regular market.
2. The high back boosters allow the children to :
a) Recline comfortably while falling asleep. The booster design is appropriate to handle recline position of the children, a feature which is lacking in most other boosters.
b) Provide full back and head support for comfortable seating. Also, since the height of this booster is comparatively high as per other high end products, it can be used for a longer duration of the child’s growth period.
3. Easier to install and occupies less space. Narrow width of 14 inches allows the flexibility of adding up to 3 boosters in the rear for many vehicles.
4. 7 years is the average usable life.
5. This is currently available for children of minimum 4 years of age.
Coming to the contender, Britax Frontier, their recently launched Frontier Clicktight is evolving in the markets with great speed. Let’s look at their reviews.
1. The installation is easier than Clek oobr . Yes! The clicktight installations easier than the latch. The installation manual guide allows a very smooth operation even allowing grown kids to do installation under supervision of adults.
2. Offers a combination car seat – can be used in – forward facing seat and as a booster.
3. This booster can be used for children of minimum 2 years of age. So that’s again a plus.
4. Has a best in class 20.5” harness height.
5. Has a usable lifespan of 9 years.
6. The Britax frontier is relatively large (approx. 15.5” at the shoulders than the Clek oobr. It is comparatively heavier (40-120 pounds) than Clek (33-100 p).
Clek oobr Vs Britax Frontier
|Clek oobr||Britax Frontier|
|Key features||- Metal, Plastic, Microfiber - Rigid latch system locks the booster in place - Metal substructure improves side impact protection - Reclines to keep child safe and comfortable when sleeping in the car - Back is removable for backless use with older child - Crypton super fabrics provide stain, moisture and bacteria resistance||- Safe cell impact protection is an integrated system of safety components - Safe cell complete side impact protection plus provides an advanced level of protection - Quick-adjust, 9-position harness and 2-position buckle - Front-adjust recline easily alters the seat angle for your child's comfort|
|Customer ratings*||4.5 out of 5.0 stars||4.7 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best deal*||SAVE 15% please click here||SAVE 20% please click here|
For the final rain check, I would suggest Britax Frontier to the potential buyer’s list because of its several plus advantages lead on Clek oobr on catering maximum harness height, easier installation, flexibility of combination seats, wide range of child’s age, higher lifespan etc.